One of the first things I do before I take a job is research the company. High turnover is usually a sign to not go there to work. It is a sign of chaos and problems with management. People have mixed feelings about Trumps constant personnel shift. Some feel that it is a sign of strength to get rid of bad people quickly. Others think he is too difficult to work with.
Trump wants loyalty. I would want loyalty in my company too. I am in the process of hiring as well. But I would want my employees to trust me that if they feel I am wrong that they can come to me without a fear of retailiation. No person is right or wrong all the time.
Many people said to give him a chance and some time to settle in. Most places I have worked that is 90 days. It has been past 90 days. I realize that transitioning from the private sector where you did not have to deal with congress or the senate or the courts will be challenging. A CEO is not used to being questioned. But the Presidency is different. Companies can go bankrupt. The united states can’t bankrupt and start over. Our founding Fathers created checks and balances to avoid one person having absolute power over any one branch of government, like monarchies.
I have never seen so much protesting in any presidency since Johnson and vietnam. Those protests were to stop the war and not really about Johnson as a person. We now are told not to trust the media, protestors are being paid and just read Trumps tweets and all is well.
I have skin in the game. If my patients lose health care, I do not have patients and I close down. I have two daughters with pre existing conditions. I have pre existing conditions. My husband has been in the Navy hospital for almost a month. I am grateful. His care has been excellent and it hasn’t cost us anything. I have the same arrangement as his wife. I want this quality of care for everyone. We pay premiums for our health care.
I hear repeal and replace, but no clear option. Most people with pre existing conditions need insurance. Your health can change at any time. I was first denied health care insurance in 1996 due to a thyroid condition treated and managed well with medication. I had to keep a job with insurance or i was in trouble. My children were at one point on Medicaid. My late husband used the VA. I have been on four different insurance plans that denied procedures, medications, orthodics, etc. They previous Obama system was not great- admit it. Obama care has flaws. But the real problem is greed. Insurance companies are in business to make a profit and they should. But how much money does a CEO need to make, what is fair compensation.
As a provider I am paid anywhere from 30 to 86 dollars for the same service. Some patients pay nothing, others from 15.00 to 45.00 a co-pay. Some have deductibles some do not. No wonder people are confused. They blame the high costs on the government. The government can only regulate so much. Companies pull out of states they don’t make a profit in making less choice for care. Allowing people to be excluded due to preexisting conditions gives them no choice.
What is the answer? I am no expert, but I have been a patient, a provider, and have had to deal with accidents and medical surgeries. I have worked with about 10 insurance companies and Medicaid.
My health care plan
A.) Eligible for Medicare at age 55, option to enroll or not. This is when most medical conditions start happening.
B.) All insurance companies must cover pre existing conditions and can only charge 10% more than healthy people premiums. This way they can make some profit.
C.) Raise the income level for Medicaid and include people without children that are working. More people will qualify and won’t have to quit their job or have a kid to get medical care.
D.) Tax credits for companies that provide health insurance. Incentives for them to provide it.
.E.) Lower the tax credit to any bills exceeding 3 % of someones income. This will offset some of the costs that insurance doesn’t cover. Include massage, accupunture, over the counter medications, etc.
F.) Cap deductibles at 1000.00. This will keep a hospital stay from being too costly.
G.) Subsidize any hospital that takes people that cannot pay for each patient. This will encourage some indigent care.
H.) Allow private individuals to negotiate fees like the insurance companies. We should have the same playing field.
I.) Allow individuals to buy a group plan with only two people to encourage mom and pop businesses to get insurance.
J.) Cover preventative care, birth control and physicals and vaccinations.
L.) Remove caps and high risk pools. Also cap the salaries of CEO’s to not exceed 1 million dollars.
M.) Congress and the Senate must be on the same policy as their constituents.
It is almost upon us. The two and a half year wait is over. The services for the chronically mentally ill. Portsmouth will be able to serve patients being discharged from maryview hospital, so they don’t continue to be hospitalized. We are excited to serve medicaid patients.
The current health care crisis will affect out business. If our clients lose medicaid coverage, we will be out of business. The mentally ill will be under served or be on the streets. More suicides, more shootings, more crime, more homelessness and constant hospitalizations will occur.
Please tell your senator to vote no.
Number 10 on the list for mental health support. I have four clients waiting. last year the list moved one number because of Christmas. then none in January. February it picked up with three and March five. I applied 02/15. yes 2015. the original app said six months to a year not two years. This is ridiculous. people need help now.
I waited over a week to post. Like a lot of people I didn’t think Trump would win and I was surprised. I wanted to process it before I wrote something in the heat of the moment.
No matter who wins, both candidates only recieved 48% of the vote, meaning 52% didn’t like the other one. Several mayors, governors and senators and congressmen will not return to office. The whole makeup of our country will change in January 2017.
Several things are happening that need to be revisited. Just give him a chance. He is not my President. Their are protests and riots and kids walking out of class. I will give my psychological perspective one at a time. I am in no means predicting anything, just my spin on how people are feeling.
- The media messed this up. The polls were wrong. Why is this bad? Some people may not have voted because they thought there candidate had it in the bag so they didn’t need to or they fired they were going to lose so it didn’t matter. Always vote no matter what the polls say. No vote no voice.
2. Just give him a chance- I remember 2008 very well. No one was giving Obama a chance. The birther movement was in full swing and plenty of people were saying he is not my president and calling him obummer, a muslim, a kenyan, a socialist. No there were no riots, but plenty of racist signs and bumper stickers for 8 years. They called him an ape. Asked for his lynching. Insulted his wife and kids and called them ugly. We discovered that america was still racist in 2008. So it is hard for people to want to take the high road and do the same for Trump.
3. He is our elected President. Always pray for our leaders. He is your President so hold him to a standard above a reality TV host. He has to watch what he says now. He needs to be called out when he does wrong or praised when he does right. Acceptance does not mean approval.
4. The protests. Cory Booker told us to behave. We have the right to make our voices heard and assemble. We do not have the right to loot, burn, throw rocks, destroy property and act like a big temper tantrum. That does not make your cause look right. People miss the message when looking at the behavior. I understand why people are afraid, due to the statements made about them. Trump has done racists behaviors in the past with his rental policies and has made racist comments. On the other side, reports are coming out of brown people being targeted and threatened. This just validates peoples fears. A few incidents like that and people will go see we should be afraid and more people will protest.
5. A better way. Look to 2018. If Trump has not fulfilled his promises to the ones that expected him to then let him know and start finding someone else for 2020 and vote out the congressmen that sided with him. If Trump fulfilled his promises and you do not like them, then also vote out those responsible and look for a sucessor for 2020. He will be 74 in 2020 and we all know how this office ages people. He may not want to run again.
6. Trump is a large personality and is used to getting his own way. He may adapt to having to negotiate where he isn’t the biggest ego in the room or he may not. I personally would not want to work for him and not agree with him. Yet if our country is full of minions who don’t speak out we don’t learn or grow. A good parent tells their kids what they need to hear not what they want to hear. Let us hope Trump has some parents/advisers that tell him like it is.
Tomorrow we can finally rest. We vote. The candidates are scrambling around trying to convince us to vote for them. Virginia is a swing state. We are bombarded with calls, tv ads, and people going crazy. We don’t have much early voting, so tomorrow will be a big day. I plan on going in the afternoon so the work people can go before and after and during lunch.
My husband and I reviewed our ballots for local officials and congress. We do not have a senator election right now or governor.
I am watching several races. Utah could be interesting as a third party candidate could actually take the electoral votes. The Nevada senate race to replace Harry Reid, Vermont senate race and Illinois senate race. I also am curious if Rubio is ousted from Florida by Patrick Murphy.
The millenials are in play more than ever. A lot of elderly conservative voters from 2012 have died. More hispanics that ever have registered to vote. Woman are coming to the polls in mass.
Hope we all get along on Wednesday.
My clients are from the age of 5 to 18 for kids. They come from all ethnic backgrounds and social economic status. One little black girl asked me why Donald Trump didn’t like her. She is 10. A 16 year old white kid bragged that Trump was going to win big and everyone just better like it. A 6 year old wanted to know why he got in trouble for grabbing a girl at school because Trump says they really like it. A girl said she didn’t trust Hillary because she wasn’t good at email, because she was old like her grandma. My Mexican client who was born here said several people yelled at him at school and told him they were going to build a wall and throw his ass out. All of these children get in trouble for fighting and did before the election. My sexual trauma clients are being triggered and they believe that Trump and Clinton are perps and are scared. Many think they are fat when they aren’t fat. My suggestion is to not have children watch the news if they aren’t old enough to vote. We have three weeks left. Save the children.
My clients ask me who I am voting for and I don’t tell them. It isn’t my job to sway political opinions. I just tell them to vote or have their parents vote. Many of my chients are disabled and recieve services. They worry about losing them. They already have anxiety problems. Some are low IQ and can’t decern the rhetoric and fact check. One was afraid that they were going to take him to jail and knock his door down looking for Mexicans and guns. They already have issues with the police.
I have to walk the fine line between safety, knowledge and not swaying someones vote.
My advise to someone with mental issues, if you know who you are going to vote for don’t turn on the news or look at it on the internet and mute the commercials. Don’t watch the next debate.
I can’t wait until November 9th 2016. Let all of this be over.