Number 10 on the list for mental health support. I have four clients waiting. last year the list moved one number because of Christmas. then none in January. February it picked up with three and March five. I applied 02/15. yes 2015. the original app said six months to a year not two years. This is ridiculous. people need help now.
I waited over a week to post. Like a lot of people I didn’t think Trump would win and I was surprised. I wanted to process it before I wrote something in the heat of the moment.
No matter who wins, both candidates only recieved 48% of the vote, meaning 52% didn’t like the other one. Several mayors, governors and senators and congressmen will not return to office. The whole makeup of our country will change in January 2017.
Several things are happening that need to be revisited. Just give him a chance. He is not my President. Their are protests and riots and kids walking out of class. I will give my psychological perspective one at a time. I am in no means predicting anything, just my spin on how people are feeling.
- The media messed this up. The polls were wrong. Why is this bad? Some people may not have voted because they thought there candidate had it in the bag so they didn’t need to or they fired they were going to lose so it didn’t matter. Always vote no matter what the polls say. No vote no voice.
2. Just give him a chance- I remember 2008 very well. No one was giving Obama a chance. The birther movement was in full swing and plenty of people were saying he is not my president and calling him obummer, a muslim, a kenyan, a socialist. No there were no riots, but plenty of racist signs and bumper stickers for 8 years. They called him an ape. Asked for his lynching. Insulted his wife and kids and called them ugly. We discovered that america was still racist in 2008. So it is hard for people to want to take the high road and do the same for Trump.
3. He is our elected President. Always pray for our leaders. He is your President so hold him to a standard above a reality TV host. He has to watch what he says now. He needs to be called out when he does wrong or praised when he does right. Acceptance does not mean approval.
4. The protests. Cory Booker told us to behave. We have the right to make our voices heard and assemble. We do not have the right to loot, burn, throw rocks, destroy property and act like a big temper tantrum. That does not make your cause look right. People miss the message when looking at the behavior. I understand why people are afraid, due to the statements made about them. Trump has done racists behaviors in the past with his rental policies and has made racist comments. On the other side, reports are coming out of brown people being targeted and threatened. This just validates peoples fears. A few incidents like that and people will go see we should be afraid and more people will protest.
5. A better way. Look to 2018. If Trump has not fulfilled his promises to the ones that expected him to then let him know and start finding someone else for 2020 and vote out the congressmen that sided with him. If Trump fulfilled his promises and you do not like them, then also vote out those responsible and look for a sucessor for 2020. He will be 74 in 2020 and we all know how this office ages people. He may not want to run again.
6. Trump is a large personality and is used to getting his own way. He may adapt to having to negotiate where he isn’t the biggest ego in the room or he may not. I personally would not want to work for him and not agree with him. Yet if our country is full of minions who don’t speak out we don’t learn or grow. A good parent tells their kids what they need to hear not what they want to hear. Let us hope Trump has some parents/advisers that tell him like it is.
Tomorrow we can finally rest. We vote. The candidates are scrambling around trying to convince us to vote for them. Virginia is a swing state. We are bombarded with calls, tv ads, and people going crazy. We don’t have much early voting, so tomorrow will be a big day. I plan on going in the afternoon so the work people can go before and after and during lunch.
My husband and I reviewed our ballots for local officials and congress. We do not have a senator election right now or governor.
I am watching several races. Utah could be interesting as a third party candidate could actually take the electoral votes. The Nevada senate race to replace Harry Reid, Vermont senate race and Illinois senate race. I also am curious if Rubio is ousted from Florida by Patrick Murphy.
The millenials are in play more than ever. A lot of elderly conservative voters from 2012 have died. More hispanics that ever have registered to vote. Woman are coming to the polls in mass.
Hope we all get along on Wednesday.
My clients are from the age of 5 to 18 for kids. They come from all ethnic backgrounds and social economic status. One little black girl asked me why Donald Trump didn’t like her. She is 10. A 16 year old white kid bragged that Trump was going to win big and everyone just better like it. A 6 year old wanted to know why he got in trouble for grabbing a girl at school because Trump says they really like it. A girl said she didn’t trust Hillary because she wasn’t good at email, because she was old like her grandma. My Mexican client who was born here said several people yelled at him at school and told him they were going to build a wall and throw his ass out. All of these children get in trouble for fighting and did before the election. My sexual trauma clients are being triggered and they believe that Trump and Clinton are perps and are scared. Many think they are fat when they aren’t fat. My suggestion is to not have children watch the news if they aren’t old enough to vote. We have three weeks left. Save the children.
My clients ask me who I am voting for and I don’t tell them. It isn’t my job to sway political opinions. I just tell them to vote or have their parents vote. Many of my chients are disabled and recieve services. They worry about losing them. They already have anxiety problems. Some are low IQ and can’t decern the rhetoric and fact check. One was afraid that they were going to take him to jail and knock his door down looking for Mexicans and guns. They already have issues with the police.
I have to walk the fine line between safety, knowledge and not swaying someones vote.
My advise to someone with mental issues, if you know who you are going to vote for don’t turn on the news or look at it on the internet and mute the commercials. Don’t watch the next debate.
I can’t wait until November 9th 2016. Let all of this be over.
Going away to rehab can be a very stressful experience. There is the prospect of leaving your home for an undetermined period of time, the unknown of what is to come and you are away from all of the creature comforts you have grown accustomed to. There is also the list of common reasons that people use to not get sober you may be using to hold off on your stint in treatment. Not to mention that a majority of the times a rehab stay is usually decided fairly last minute and at a point in time when things in your life are spiraling out of control.
All of this is enough to stress out even the most levelheaded person and there is a lot to take into account when leaving for rehab. One of the most common concerns for people going away to rehab though is what do I…
View original post 990 more words
We often support schools and communities with promoting summer reading. We want students to continue their “readerly lives” over the summer. A few years ago, we were researching ideas to get book…
I am number 19. It has been a long wait from 02/15 to get to Number 19. While I wait clients are not being services, jobs are not being created and the government has slowed it down.
The 16th of the month is the next time I can check. I am afraid to get my hopes up, but it did drop 8 numbers. If it does that again, I will be number 11. Other times it only moved 3 or none. It used to move about 20 a time. I was excited and prepared to start interviewing and looking at electronic billing systems.
Now I am waiting until the number is under 10 to start on the electronic billing. I will start collecting resumes in September to prepare for a quick move down the line. I will start marketing for clients when I am under 5. It is hard to plan a business when you don’t know when to start it.